Yosemite National Park Elopement I YOSEMITE Wedding & Elopement Photographer
There's a thousand reasons why elopements are becoming more and more popular, and looking at Kim and Ryan's Yosemite National Park elopement, I can only chime in into all the excitement! Are you still unsure whether you should or shouldn't elope?
Here's my top 20 reasons why an elopement may be for you:
20 Reasons why elopements ROCK
- You don't have to please anyone but are planning the day just the way you want it to be.
- For every couple that loves spending time outdoors as much as possible.
- Nature provides the best backdrops for a wedding ceremony.
- The focus is on the two of you, not on the party or the decoration.
- For the bride who rather wears hiking boots than stilettos.
- Or prefers being barefoot altogether (shoes are overrated, right? ;-))
- If you love to travel and adventure, elopements are perfect - Dolomites, Scotland, Iceland? Anything is possible.
- Also - you can turn your elopement directly into your honeymoon!
- For those who are not afraid of running into rain or bad weather, cause that makes for the best stories.
- You can pick a location that is unique and meaningful to you and your spouse.
- For the couple that doesn't mind their clothes getting dirty but loves climbing on rocks and fallen trees.
- If you are a dog owner, your four legged buddies will appreciate the outdoor ceremony.
- You can include a hike into your elopement and find a spot (most likely) no one has ever said "I do" before.
- Getting to wear WHATEVER you want, no dress code required - you can make it as casual or as fancy as you'd like.
- Not bound to any religion.
- If stuffy traditions aren't your thing, go make your own!
- The guest list is short and simple.
- Elopements are for the laid-back, easy-going and for those who want to keep it small.
- You get to spend the entire day together instead of running from one guest to the next.
- Back home, you can still throw a little after party for your family and friends and get to tell them a badass story.