ELOpements and free spirit weddings rock!
Having travelled and roamed a good part of the world and lived abroad, I feel most alive in nature and quiet landscapes. What better canvas is there to set out for an adventure wedding or a couple session than what mother nature has already given us in all shapes and forms? I'm thrilled to see more and more people around the world combining their love for travel, the outdoors and nature with the idea to get married or have a symbolic ceremony in a very special, meaningful way to THEM. Who says you can't anyway?
Why do I love outdoor CEREMONIES and engagement sessions so much?
Ha! That's an easy one!
I have spent a good part of my life out and about travelling and I'm extremely excited every time I explore a new country or place I have never been to before. Whether it's snowboarding in winter, hiking in summer or exploring a new country - I love to adventure myself! A day spent outside in nature or travelling to a new country is more meaningful to me than buying the latest new this or that to keep up with the Joneses. In the end, it's the experiences and memories that shape us and we thrive on when we're old and grey one day.
When I'm off to my own adventures, I rarely bring my camera in order to fully enjoy and soak in the present moment - however, a few snapshots have made it here and there and survived over the years.
Fun Facts about me:
- I love animals and can't walk past an earthworm that needs help
- I have lived twice in the US - Florida and California
- When I was little, I either wanted to become a vet or a marine biologist (but since blood makes me faint and there is no ocean in Austria, I decided to study journalism)
- I am the butler of two sassy cats
- I realize the older I get, the happier I am with having less.
- I travelled by bicycle +2.150km around New Zealand and made a dream come true
- I hate shopping
- I would love to own a camper van and explore the world with it one day!
- I only function with lots and lots of coffee in the morning
- One of the craziest things I've ever done involves a night dive with a torch in extreme current to watch the mating dance of the rare mandarin fish (still not sure if I saw one or not, I was too busy not getting flushed away)
- I love sitting outside on the porch while watching a thunderstorm build up
- My favorite season is fall
- One of my greatest adventures happened to be trekking in Nepal in rainy monsoon weather with family and friends, but upon reaching Annapurna base camp we got to watch the sunrise with perfect blue skies the next morning
- My favorite authors of all time are Michael Ende (who I wish would be still alive) and Walter Moers aaand JK Rowling
- I'm terrified of flying, yet I do it over and over again
- Ice cream and chocolate makes everything better. Everything. Always.
- To be continued....